Delinquency is one of the major problems dealt by banks and microfinance institutions. Dealing with that problem, it requires particular skills among the loan officers, recovery officers and others directly concerned by the credit as they are the ones responsible for delinquency prevention and are able to handle delinquency problem in case it happens.
The course will help to mitigate and minimize the risks associated to delinquent loans so as to maximize the revenues from the loan portfolio.
Main target audience
MFI managers, loan officers, recovery officers and credit committee members
This course will consist of the following units :
1. Understanding causes and costs of delinquency
2. Measuring delinquency
3. Controlling delinquency
4. Managing a delinquency crisis
5. Using new skills and knowledge
At the end of the course the trainee will be capable of the following :
• Identify key concepts of delinquency and apply them in own institution
• Analyze the causes and costs of delinquency
• Measuring of delinquency
• Mitigate the causes of delinquency by implementing monitoring measures
• Detect and come up with strategies to handle delinquent loans